Power On (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BillaMaverick

Plug the charger into the wall and into the laptop, I get the light to indicate it's charging. However, when I go to power on, I get nothing. Not even the Acer logo or the blue light by the power button or on the side. What's causing this? How can it be fix?

plodr

Liz
If nothing turns on and the power light doesn't show any power on the laptop when connected to power, then the motherboard or the CPU might be dead.

Fixes:
1. Replace the motherboard
a) this is not easy in a laptop
b) no guarantee that this is the problem
c) may not be possible to find a new motherboard if the laptop is older

2. Replace the CPU
same problems as b) and c) above

3. Buy a new or refurbished computer.

If the laptop is still under warranty, contact the place of purchase.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online