1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power-On Password

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Haborym, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Haborym

Haborym Thread Starter

I have a problem with my laptop, every time I hit one key it'll type two of that key. Therefore with my password being 6 digits, it will not take. Also, if I hit enter it'll type twice as well. I've tried restarting. I also cannot backspace or plug another keyboard in or it will do the same thing.

2. msgtgumby

msgtgumby

Do you know how to remove your keyboard? You should pull it off and inspect it make sure it's clean, resecure it and try it again. I had to replace a keyboard on my sisters Gateway laptop because a key wouldn't work no matter what we did. I found mine on eBay for $15, it's an easy part to replace.

3. Haborym

Haborym Thread Starter

No idea.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it just repeating too fast? You should be able to adjust that rate in the BIOS setup.

5. Haborym

Haborym Thread Starter

Power-On Password.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

So no option for BIOS before that, I guess you are saying.

I don't know what to tell you except to try very fast taps on the keys in the hopes that the repetition is actually a result of a short time-out.

7. Speakersrock

Speakersrock

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice