Power On/System Password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

draco_10_4

I have a Win98 SE system and I was told that this is the password that I need to put on my computer so that it won't even boot up without typing it in. If I have been ill informed please let me know. But if I am correct I need to know how to do this and how to remove it if I need to.

Depends on a lot of factors. Does the
computer boot all the way to windows
without the password window showing?
If the password window does show up
usually all you have to do is type in your
name and then a password. It then askes
for the password again. Once you do that
you then log on every time you boot up
the computer with the same user name
and password. If you forget, just type in
another name and password. Not a big deal.

:D What you are refering to is set up in the BIOS or CMOS setup. The procedure is specific for each motherboard. It should tell you in the manual how to do it. Be VERY carefull if this is a laptop because it is almost impossible to reset a laptop if you forget the password!! Hope this helps. KW1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!