1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power on...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by iandy16, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iandy16

iandy16 Thread Starter

Hello.
    Sorry wasnt sure where to post this. Please move this if its in the wrong place.

Not really a big problem!
    My mouse has a blue light on the scroll wheel. But when i turn the computer off the light on the mouse still stays on but on my old PC it used to turn off. Is there some power thing i need to change in the bios because clearly there is power running through.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Your computer has a section that stays on as long as it is plugged into a wall outlet. This enables the computer to boot up faster when you start it up. One thing you can do is get a power strip and plug everything into the power strip and switch it off when your computer turns off. This will also turn off everything that is plugged into it. I have a special switch and outlet mounted into the wall next to the desk that turns everything either on or off.

3. Emtronics

Emtronics

Everything posted by ozrom1e is correct but, It isn't hurting anything to to have the mouse button "glowing" when the system is off. Some motherboards have a green led light on the board that is lit whenever the power cord is plugged in. A power strip will end this but IMO not needed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice