1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Power Options" keep changing XP/sp2

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MrFishy, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrFishy

MrFishy Thread Starter

For the week or so I've noticed my monitor going to sleep after 20 minutes. From day 1, I've had my "power options" set to "never, never, never" go off, preferring to hit the sleep button myself when I'm not around.
    Also, under PwrOp advanced, the box next to "prompt for password" keeps re-checking itself.
    I keep my PC immaculate and have no other issues.
    The only newer app that's running in the background is Mamutu 1.5.0.22 and I've searched thru it's options to see if I could find anything that might be causing this.
    It's not a big deal, but like many of you, I just don't like things not working as directed.
    Any thoughts on what's happening and/or how I can correct it will be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    :cool:

2. sjlawren

sjlawren

I am having the exact same issue. I have also tried changing the setting through the registry, but they keep returning to the same 15,30,20,Never and 5,5,5,Never...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/694955