1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power pack/ help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shiree, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiree

Shiree Thread Starter

Hi Guys
    Can someone please tell me how do I test the power unit in my Acer Aspire Z5761 all in one pc as I still have the back off the PC and when I power the PC up it kind of runs for a few seconds can see blue lights going but nothing what so ever on front of screen , after a few seconds a click sound can be heard and then lights go out . I notice the fans are still running and I could see the fan in the power unit also still running but screen still doesn't light up. I have read somewhere that this was a fault with this model unit but at the moment know one has worked out what it is that is causing it and how to fix it . As I am limited with funds and can't afford to take it to a repair shop , I would if I could try and fix this problem myself with the help of the nice people in here . Again thank-you for all your help .

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

that psu uses standard connections, so any modern power supply testers would do the job. They are relatively cheap and easy to use.

3. Shiree

Shiree Thread Starter

CleaverX
    Thank-you for that will check it out

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice