1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power PC Tool over-powered me

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mozaicfriend, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mozaicfriend

mozaicfriend Thread Starter

Thanks for the happy birthday i wouldn,t have found u otherwise. I downloaded "Demo Version" Jv16 Power tools 2005 from a link to find duplicate files and clean my registry, I thought that programs I had uninstalled and reinstalled for varius reasons were all duplicated with missing files. The download didn't have the handbook which i found out later i needed so now after running dup. file finder, reg cleaner. I have a very unstable system nothing stays stable and there is a mass of backups I don,t know where to start. The forum there won,t help. supposedly I got a old Beta version. My backups don,t look anything like there's. I would like to go back to before i installed with system restore point but i dont know if it can retrieve files from Jv16 backup or what. logitech, hp, msn, registry changes, no cd drive,[​IMG] I have never deleted any backups from spybot or AVG free if they would help. I am a novice at forums and i'd like to show you what I did but you would have to tell what to link or paste. it sure looks bad. Even if I minimize this window and look for something I lose you. It took me 2 days to post this hope it works!

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Don't worry Summer is coming and the snow will finally be gone.....I would try System Restore before you download this tool it will put you Registry back to what it was before.

Let us know how Restore goes

Use Windows Restore not any other

3. mozaicfriend

mozaicfriend Thread Starter

No, I already downloaded the tool and used it! a few times. I am afraid of using system restore because i thought it might put me back without the huge backups file then i would have to start from scratch

4. bonk

bonk Banned

I don't understand the problem....the backup files you made with this program seem to be not very good anyway.....backups are exactly that backups......just do a restore and get you system running properly and make different backups with a different program say True Image

The only way to get your system back to working correctly is to do System Restore or trying a repair with the CD if you have one.......or going into the registry and finding the problem and believe you me System Restore is the better option.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/455907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice