1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power point action button

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kokaik, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

Hi all

I have created a family video in Mpeg and doing some baby pitures in Powerpoint. The video I add in an action button and hyperlink it. This is what i do:

PP and video files saved in MyDocument under a folder name baby.
    the action button hyperlink to C:\Mydoc\baby\video and it work when i'm viewing it in my notebook.

Problem now when i burn into a cd and in other notebook (i burned both the PP and video together) the hyperlink still point at drive C where everything is in the CD. How can I solve this link problem?

Thanks. :confused:

2. XL Guru

XL Guru

3. neosage

neosage

it's because you are linking to the file using an action button, then running the application (ie the video) as a file external to powerpoint. it therefore needs the path which is causing you problems.

Instead, use the 'insert movies & sounds' facility, and insert the video's onto their own page, and set the animation settings for the video object to play. You can still use your action buttons as part of the presenation, but they'll just be a 'go to slide' action, rather than addressing an external file.

4. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

Thx neosage.

It's works half way. For Window Media file, your suggestion works perfectly. However I have another file in Quicktime and it can't be inserted. Check on the help button and it suggested the action button which will only work if I play it in the machine I work on.

Found out another thing. If I do not use the action button, instead any cliparts and assigned hyperlink, it works! That's really funny.

:(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/316377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice