Power Point Froze on Taskbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Miercaky

Hi, I have a Dell 8200, with a 75 Gb HDD. I'm creating a Power Point slide show. To put on a Cd or Dvd. I'm almost finished with the project now my Power Point has locked up on my taskbar on the last slide that I created and I haven't saved it yet. The Power Point icon on my taskbar won't do any thing, I can delete it but I hate to do that since I haven't saved it. Is there a way to open the program up? I've tried deleting all temp files/folders. But a lot of the temps are Power Point and are being used so I can't delete them. Can any one help?

some of them might be an autosaved file. Look for files named ppt*.tmp (the * is usually 4 or 5 letters/numbers). Copy them to the desktop or another folder and then re-name them to change the TMP extension to a PPT extension. Double click to see if they are a copy of your file. If you're using Office 2002 or 2003, you can also try Start, Programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Office Application Recovery to "Recover" Powerpoint (and hopefully recover the file), but I would copy those TMP files first!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts