1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power point to a television

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Rian, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rian

Rian Thread Starter

I am running power point from Windows 98 and have it linked to a television through an s-video port. We are pulling our hair out trying to get a power point presentation to appear on the TV.

What ever is on the PC monitor during boot up appears on the TV but once the boot up is complete we can't get anything to appear on the TV. However, if I move the cursor from the PC's viewable area to the right the cursor will appear on the TV screen.

Is power point able to display a presentation to a TV through an s-video port?

Thank you
    Rian

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Its got absolutely nothing to do with PowerPoint per se.
    Its Windows you need to configure.

Asyou have discovered, the TV is acting as a monitor, as the cursor is being diplayed on it.

Under display properties you will likely have "extend my Windows desktop ...." or similar selected. You can select "Use this device as my primary monitor" See what works best.

Simple solution is to have PowerPoint running as a window (not maximised to full screen, just manually expanded to almost or exactly full screen) and then drag the window by cicking on the title bar across onto the TV screen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice