1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Point

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ctuna, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

When printing out a power point slide show on my Plll 800 with 256 RAM and running windows 98SE, I ran into a strange happening and I was wondering is this something that has happened to others and if so what did they do about it.
    I was printing the notes section of the slides. The first 56 out of 58 printed out fine, the 57th and 58th would not print the notes sheets, but would print the slide sheets and the handout sheets.
    I was using a HP1220C printer being feed through a USB line.
    Switched to a cannon BJC 2000 and it printed the notes fine.
    I rebooted both the computer and printer and checked the printer test program and all checked good.
    Any Ideas!!
    Ctuna

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    How big is the file?

Likely, it was just a wee bit too big for the printer to manage its memory to handle.

I wouldn't be overly concerned. I've had this problem (not this EXACT--but similar and I don't recall exactly) many times in the past, and we just resorted to printing out partials...

3. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

The file size was a litttle over 6 megs, but the funny part is that when I tried to print out just the one frame notes it would not print. But did print on the other printer.
    The guy that invented these things is helping to drive the world crazy.
    Will see if it happens again, and if it does I will be back.
    Thanks for the come back.
    Ctuna

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    It doesn't contain "reverse type", does it?

5. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

You lost me there. What is reverse type and where can I find it?

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Like a black box with white text. That causes the text to be "printed" white, which means not printed at all. Lots of printers can't handle that.

7. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

Don't think that was the problem since one of the pages was a color picture.
    I will keep a eye out for more problems and update this mess down stream.
    Thanks again for you help.
    Ctuna

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice