1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yeupc, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yeupc

yeupc Thread Starter

My Think Pad 42 Laptop cannot run on AC. Its battery is weak and if it is fully charged, it runs out for only 15 min. If I plug in AC and with fully charged battery, the computer can run for 30 min. What is problem with my computer?

2. mountian

mountian

Check the converter with a multimeter tester make sure it is puting out the correct voltage. If it is then your battery is probly faulty in need of replacement.

3. yeupc

yeupc Thread Starter

Thx Mointain.
    I know that the battery needs to be changed but why if I remove the battery and use only AC, the comp. does run?

4. mountian

mountian

I take the battery out of my HP lap top and run ac only and it works fine; that is just the way it works. from what I understand you to say, that if you do the same it runs fine. But, if you add the battery (charged) and run it pluged in, it runs for 30 min and around 15 min unpluged and on a weak battery. Mabe the converter isn't putting out the proper voltage to charge and run the system. Furthermore, you still show signs of a worn out battery. Check the converter with a multimeter tester.

5. yeupc

yeupc Thread Starter

[B[/B]
    Hi Mountain,

Sorry, I should say " If I remove the battery and use only AC, the computer DOESN´T run" or more precisely runs for only 1 min.

6. mountian

mountian

Test the converter with a multimeter tester. Sounds like you need to change the battery and the converter, it happens; wear and tear. Good Luck.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice