Power Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LoganD18

I turn on my computer and the power goes through to the tower, the fans spin, the lights turn on but then no power goes through to the monitor, mouse or keyboard. I thought it was the Power Supply so I got a new one but it has the same problem.

I have an ATX 750 Watt Power Supply, a
GeForce 1050 Ti Graphics Card and a Linux Motherboard.

crjdriver

OK, first of all, there are a LOT of 750W pw supplies. You need to post an exact parts list; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, etc, etc.
Next are you comfortable working inside the case?
GeForce 1050 Ti Graphics Card and a Linux Motherboard.
Linux does not mfg motherboards. Linux is an open source operating system NOT hardware.

LoganD18

Well I'm not 100% sure about what parts I have and yes I'm comfortable. Sorry it's an Intel Motherboard.
I have my computer on now and everything is running inside, everything is plugged in firmly but there is still nothing on my monitor or to my mouse.

Last edited:

crjdriver

OK, then do the following;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the rear of the pw supply. Press the ON button 2~3 times. This will remove any residual charge from the pw supply
2 Open the case and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
3 Remove any add-in cards. If your system has onboard or onchip video [unknown since you have not posted specs] Pull your video card out and connect it to the onboard port on the motherboard. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to remove the video card. Do not just yank it out; you will break something
4 Reseat ie remove and replace both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors on the motherboard. Be sure they are fully seated
5 Pull out all ram and blow the slot or slots out with a can of air. Reinstall ram and again be sure it is fully seated
6 Disconnect any usb device ie printer, hub, whatever. Leave the keyboard connected
7 Clear cmos with the clear jumper. Read your motherboard manual for detailed instructions
8 Replace the pw cord and pw ON. See if you get display. If you do, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If the motherboard will not complete POST ie you get a display, then you will need to swap parts with known good units ie pw supply, ram, motherboard etc until you find the failed part.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts