1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nalin77, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nalin77

nalin77 Thread Starter

I bought a brand new HP (ZV6233NR) computer last December. Everything worked great on the first 2 days. But after two days there was a problem.
    When it is plugged in to an outlet , the screen is dark(dim) and when it is working on the battery its bright.
    It should be the other way right?

It happens like every other day.
    I called more than 12 times to technical support. They asked me to download some patches but they only work for a day most. Over the phone and through repair station in CA they tried to fix it but they could not identify the problem.

Then last week they sent a brand new replacement laptop (ZV6270US), which was better than the one i had. Strangely this one had the same problem. My case manager says this is the first time he has encountered this problem.

This has been a headache. When its working on the battery the screen is very dim. I can increase the brightness but after a restart it goes back to the same dim status.

can you guys help me with this?

2. bobbi506

bobbi506

You've probably already tried this since you've talked to technical support 12 times, but the only thing I can think of is power options. Have you checked the settings in the power options applet in the control panel?

3. nalin77

nalin77 Thread Starter

Yes, I tried the power options too. Nothing works. i am expecting a reply from my case manager. Actually both computers are great except for this problem. I think this is a problem inherent to 6000 series. My co-worker uses a 8000 series, no problem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!