Power Save Mode Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sneaux

i just got back from a week trip to discover my computer on...the screen blue...and a loud beeping. i immideatly shut it off to stop the excessive beeeeep. i attempt to turn it back on and the moniter either says power save mode or it has a orange lite instead of green. what do i do to solve this? it has to do with the week of being on. but idk what to do. ive cheked all plug ins and all and nothing. please give me any information on how to help. thank you

First, try a different monitor. If that works, you know the original is dead.

Second, does your computer start ok otherwise? No beeeeeep? Just a short beep and then hard drive activity? If so, then your computer is probably ok.

Anything else odd about your computer that you can observe?

Sneaux

moniter is ok. no beep and from what i can tell comp is ok...sounds fine and no weird colors or whatnot. but im not to smart technology wise. lol all i know is it looks the same and sounds the same as before i left lol.

And, alternatively, did you attach the original monitor to another computer?

Sneaux

moniter checks out. still wont work either =(. dnt know what to do

I would have to go with a problem video card next on the check list. A tech-savvy friend would know what to do from there.

Is your monitor a CRT monitor or an LCD?

Also, and I don't mean to pry, but when you said, "monitor checks out," did you mean to say that you did, indeed, swap monitors around? People can sometimes mean different things if they don't answer yes or no.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online