power save mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sl1ckz

one little problem.. yesterday i installed a new dvd-rom to my pc.. when i try to start the pc, the monitor (LG Flatron) it enters in power save mode, i connected the monitor to a secondery pc and it works, and i also noticed that the bios dosen't boot. any sugestions?

Please provide the specs of the computer you are having issues with, if it's a big box system please provide the make and model eg Dell, HP etc.

Presuming this is a DVD-ROM drive, have you tried removing it and checking you haven't accidentally knocked a cable/wire/PCI card (eg graphics card)? If not then I suggest this as your first step.

Bios doesn't boot on which computer? and how can you tell it's not booting to bios? What happens when you try to turn on the first computer do you see lights, hear fans or any beeping?

sl1ckz

fans work but the beep of bios isn't... i don't realy know the manufactuerer of the pc... the pci card is fine cuz i checked all other cabling are ok...

Do you mean there is no beeping sounds, or do you mean the beeping corresponds to a bios issue?

Have you tried re-seating the RAM modules? They are released by a catch at either end, you then firmly push them back into place.
Note: The clips clicking into position does NOT mean the RAM is fully seated.

sl1ckz

tryed that still nothing and with the beep i mean, you know when the pc starts there is a beep from bios ..

How many beeps? is it a short beep or a long beep?

Knowing the make and model would help diagnose these beeps, please check the tower for any company logos or indication of the make/model.

The most likely issue is something has become dislodged (RAM, CPU fan power cable, etc)

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

sl1ckz

problem solved.. the hdd cable was slightly unpluged... tnx you all for youre assistance

Glad to hear it's fixed!

Now that it's working I suggest you run the tool posted by Captianron276, then copy the info and paste it into your profile on this site.
Go to My Account, Edit Your Details, scroll down to the bottom of the page and paste the info into the computer specs box. Then hit save changes.
This will make further assistance in the future much easier.
I would also click on the start menu, go to Accessories, then System Tools and then to System Information. Here you will see System Manufacturer and System Model. List both of these in with your computer specs.

Now this thread is solved please mark it solved using the buttons that the top and bottom of this thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online