Power save mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Robinho10

Hey wassup guys?

I bought a new computer today, when i start up the computer my monitor is on standby, as i press some buttons on my monitor i get the message "In power save mode, press a button on the keyboard or move the mouse".

I cannot use my mouse and when plugged in my keyboard does not work.

My monitor is a Dell, i have yet to install windows XP on my machine so there is no OS, I also cannot open my CD/DVD drive.

Any suggestions?, thanks.

R10

I would guess that the monitor is not connected properly check all the cables - The main thing to check is if it is in the right port. A lot of computers have two monitor ports - one higher up - one lower down.

If there is another port lower down try that one.

If that doesn't work i would take the monitor to another computer and test it.

DoubleHelix

Banned
If you can't open the CD/DVD drive and you don't see any posting information when you turn on the computer, then there's something wrong with it. I assume this isn't a brand new computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online