1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power saver mode problem

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by notimeforproblem, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notimeforproblem

notimeforproblem Thread Starter

I am using a Dell my sister loaned me. The tag says AMD 64 Athlon and it has Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. When I turn it on the monitor says it is in power saver mode. It says to move mouse or hit any key, but nothing happens. I tried a different monitor and get the same message. Isn't there some way to use keyboard to get it out of this mode? I tried F8 key. I already dusted it out and looked around turned it off and on several times. Cable looks fine. Please help!

2. cybersloth

cybersloth

double check your VGA cable on the pc, you might have a video card but have pluged it to the onboard video

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice