1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power saving mode dell optiplex.760

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gxman760, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gxman760

Gxman760 Thread Starter

I have a dell optiplex 760and when I connected to the monitor it says power saving mode please help

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It means either the monitor is not set to the correct input, or the computer is not outputting the video. Edit: also bad cable.

How are you connecting the monitor to the computer, and is it set to the correct input?

3. Gxman760

Gxman760 Thread Starter

The monitor is set for the right input and iys connected by vga cable I know that is on the right one because when I connected it changes to power saving

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Do you have another VGA cable to test?

5. Gxman760

Gxman760 Thread Starter

I actually don't but if you recommend me to buy one I will

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Test the monitor on another computer and/or test the computer on another monitor.

My first thought would be that the computer isn't even booting, thus no video output, thus "power saving" mode being displayed on the monitor.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    VGA cords should be about $5 or less. If you are not able to test another monitor or test the monitor on another computer or laptop that has VGA port, there is not much we can do. You would need to take the computer to a repair store.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice