1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power saving mode error and then some

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by justinCase138, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justinCase138

justinCase138 Thread Starter

What started as a entering power saving mode error the system will now no longer boot (or allow a re-install)

I don't have all the specifics of the system, but basically HP Pavilion a250n; a decent (upgrade) video card; the other day the PC froze forcing a hard shut-down and reboot. When windows began reloading (right before opening desktop), the monitor would shut off and the message about PC entering power save mode would come on. The computer seemed to continue the boot (normal lights and beeps) with no view.
    At one point I went into safe mode to check power saving modes (and video mode); all seemed OK.
    The next reboot and I couldn't even get into safe mode
    After several attempts, I decided that a system recovery was in order, which resulted in even further decay. Now the PC will not boot at all.
    When I put in the windows disc to reinstall the OS, it starts the installation, then the computer restarts after a few short minutes.
    I tried before to look on the hard drive, using another computer and it said it was damged (or corrupted). Do I need to reformat (using the other PC) before I can try the windows (XP Home) installation again or does that even matter?
    I have never seen such an easy fix turn into a full destruction...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/770191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice