1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Saving mode in certain areas in WoW

Discussion in 'Games' started by pauze, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pauze

pauze Thread Starter

Sometimes in certain areas in WoW for example The barrens and the nexus, my monitor goes black and says 'Entering power saving mode'. I have had no other problems like this on any other games and ive played Fallout 3, Team fortress 2, Garrys mod and Portal. This problem only occurs when playing wow. I have lots of characters and it runs fine in most places but when im in some places it does it every minute.
    My computer's spec is:
    Intel quad Q8200 4x2.33ghz processor
    Vista home premium 64 bit OS
    4gb cosair 048-6400C4DHX ram
    512mb Nvidea 9800 gtx+ graphics card
    MSI p31 neo V2 motherboard
    600w psu
    case has 5 fans
    cpu cooler
    19" widescreen 1440x900 LG w1952tq monitor

ive read alot of forum posts with other users having this issue, people have said it could be down to overheating but my GPU has never passed 44 degrees centigrade. Others say it could be down to having a weak psu,
    Do u think 600w should be enough to run my computer easily?
    Others say it could be down to dust but the computer is about 2 months old and there isnt much dust at all inside the case.
    Ive used the blizzard repair programme but it didnt fix the problem. does anyone have any solutions or things i could try?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/800683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice