1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Saving Mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deere55, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deere55

deere55 Thread Starter

After my computer sits for a while the moniter enters power save mode like it should but it won't come out of it unless I force restart my computer. I can't even press the power button once and wait for it to shut down properly, because it never will. I have to hold the button until it forcibly shuts down.

Then, after I start it back up and sign in to my profile, the screen goes black and it takes 1-2 minutes for the desktop
    to load.

I've tried searching on the internet and I've come up with "It's either the monitor or the graphics card, or possibly the cable connecting the 2." Well my moniter tests out fine. I bought a new cable. I bought a 250 dollar amd 6950. It worked fine all day yesterday, but this morning it was stuck in power save mode and did the same song and dance all over again. Can anyone guess as to what's up? (I hope it's not hard drive
    related because I'm on my 3rd one for this computer as it is)

Its a dell XPS 420 with windows 7

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1013981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice