1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Supply Compatibility

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LWC, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LWC

LWC Thread Starter

The fan in my computer has died. I think I will replace the power supply.

I currently have the L&C 250Watt model. I am wondering which other models would also be compatible with my computer.

Thank you.

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

I'll pass on the first part of the post????

Now power supplies. Depends on how new, and what type of MB you have as to what power supply you might upgrade to. More info is needed unless you have a new computer in which case just about any modern power supply will work.

3. gamma ramp

gamma ramp

4. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

AT (on/off switch is wired into the PSU) or ATX (Power switch connects to the motherboard)?

5. LWC

LWC Thread Starter

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Pull the power supply and take it to the store with you. If it is a standard ATX you should be able to get something.

I can't tell anything from the belarc scan. It doesn't even give the motherboard. It just gives the bios.

7. steppenwolf

steppenwolf

8. angel

angel

Do you recommend that site, steppenwolf? Have you ordered from there before?
    I can tell you that my first impression of that site was terrible and that tends to push me in the other direction. My thought is that if a company doesn't have a professional, functioning, nicely designed, error-free site, that doesn't make the company look very reputable. But that's just my thought...

9. pronute

pronute

I think that steppenwolf linked this site for the Power Wattage Calculator, the link http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ takes you to the main page just click on the Power Wattage Calculator Hyper link to use it once there put in the information and it will indicat the proper wattage that your PSU should be.

10. angel

angel

Oops! Sorry! Didn't realize.. Now that's a good tool! However their site still rubs me the wrong way...

11. steppenwolf

steppenwolf

i gave you the exact link for the calculator
    as for buying things from whoever ill not recommend anyone

12. LWC

LWC Thread Starter

I removed the computer cover and placed a regular household stationary fan about a foot away to act as a cooling agent until I get the new PC. :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/335163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice