1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power supply connected to mother board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by saxman17, Oct 17, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. saxman17

saxman17 Guest Thread Starter

can any body help me plug the power supply back to my mother baord, i unpluged it, and then lost the power supply. the mother bard is of an unknown brand. you plug two 6 pin plugs into it. one plug has orange,red, yeloow,blue, purple, and then black, and says P8. the other has 3 red in a row, a white, and two black and says P9. the board is pretty old it has a pentuim 200.

2. catlady13

catlady13

Quote from the A+ manual. "You must install P8 and P9 together so that the two black grounds are on each connector are together or you will do damage to the motherboard or power supply."

3. mobo

mobo

Thats correct, they are called burndy connectors and the black leads should be together.

4. saxman17

saxman17 Guest Thread Starter

just to make sure. my motherboard has a series of pins, i plug the P8 and the P9 wires so that the black cables are next to each other?

5. mobo

mobo

Yep..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172739

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice