1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Supply Fan Died

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BigHaus, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigHaus

BigHaus Thread Starter

Presently have this power supply:

Antec BP500U ATX 12V 500W Power Supply

http://www.amazon.com/Antec-BP500U-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1297041715&sr=1-1

Computer overheats and shuts down. On checking, the fan in the power supply stopped working. Looking to replace the power supply with a different brand. The fan in this one was LOUD.

I'm running an Intel Core i7.

Does it matter what brand/type I replace the power supply with? (I see 550w, 600w, dual power. Should I consider any of these?)

Are there any recommended brands/models that keep it very cool and very quiet?

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

3. BigHaus

BigHaus Thread Starter

Thanks

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

How old is the Antec unit? The specs indicate it has a 3 year warranty.

5. BigHaus

BigHaus Thread Starter

Antec is 18 months old. Woops, I tossed it in the trash this morning. It was ok but too loud.

Thanks again for the Corsair recommendation. Installed it last night, its cool, powerful and most important, QUIET.

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

Glad you got it fixed.

I've been using Corsair power supply's exclusively for the last couple of years (since PC Power & Cooling was purchased by OCZ) and have been very happy with all the Corsair units I have used.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/979320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice