1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved power supply hissing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raed2003, Aug 5, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Raed2003

Raed2003 Thread Starter

Hi, my cooler master MWE 750w gold plus PSU has been making this hissing sound since I got it . The sound is always there even if I shutdown my pc , it only goes when I unplug the PSU from the outlet .
    Note: The sound doesnt fet affected by the load on the pc
    Is the sound normal or not?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If it aint broke don't mess with it. Is the sound very loud ?

3. Raed2003

Raed2003 Thread Starter

Its not loud ,but it’s noticeable for sure . But im only afraid that this sound is an indication of something wrong with the psu ,although everything seems to be working fine despite the hissing sound

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Nah, my PSU makes a sound too, but it is barely noticeable above the noise that all my case fans make.

Raed2003 likes this.
  5. Raed2003

Raed2003 Thread Starter

Thank you man for your quick responses.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice