Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Supply makes clicking noise when I press power button

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MarioRud 
#1 ·
Hi, so I have had a powering issue with my previous power supply which was the Corsair CX600W so i purchased a newer power supply - the EVGA SuperNova G2 550W. I unhooked my old psu, hooked up my new one and the PC turned on and I turned it back off from the power button on the case. I also hava a boot drive problem so I unplugged the sata cables from my SSD and wanted to try to turn on the PC with only my HDD. I did this with the PSU switched off and the power cord unplugged. When I tried turning the PC on again the PSU made a clicking noise and nothing turns on. The motherboard Led's are lit up so it is definitely getting power but when I go to turn the computer on it just makes a quick clicking noise and nothing turns on. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

#2 ·
You may just need to drain the power off from the power supply and try again. Unplug the power to the power supply, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and try to turn on the computer again. If that doesn't put the old power supply back in and see if the PC works, or was the old one dead? If the PC works with the old one and not the new one then you may have gotten a faulty power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.