Power Supply, No Boot Up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zaarenoc

I'm working on a computer that won't boot up. I replaced the power supply about 6 months ago. This time the tester says the power supply is good. It's a Pentium 4 machine with the 4-pin Molex plug to the motherboard.
The only exception is the +3.3v indicator will not light up unless the SATA plug is also plugged into the tester. Could it be
that the 4-pin Molex is not needed except when a SATA drive is installed.
This is the one that has to receive a feedbacck signal to turn the power supply on. I'm thinking the 12v CPU fan may be the culprit.
When I connect the fan to a 12-volt supply it works fine. When I start the computer with the off/on switch, you can hear the hard drive winding up, but I have to give the cpu fan a flick to start it turning. Still no video though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online