Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power supply question

747 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Piringa 
#1 ·
I have a powermax power supply that I bought like a year ago at a local computer store. Ive been having an issue with it. It seems that sometimes it wont power my computer, it seems to power up and quickly shut off. If I change the voltage setting it works fine but my pc doesnt boot up it just powers on. The way Ive been getting it to work is that when it doesnt power on and stay on I hit the on off swith on the power supply itself. I put it to on and i push my power button on the front of my pc then it starts and stays on. Sometimes it doesnt work like that but rather after I toggle on and off the power switch on the power supply several times. I have no real idea what it could be. has anyone ever had something like this happen?

BTW I took the power supply to get it tested and it works obviosly.

I dont know if its my power supply or maybe a motherboard issue or what?

Please help

#2 ·
First of all STOP cycling the power on and off. You will make a bad situation much worse. Next replace the ps. Cold boot problems that go away after the first failed boot are almost always ps problems. Do not buy a cheap ps like powmax, deer, allied, foxconn, raidmax or any other cheap brand. Go with a quality unit like antec, enermax, coolmax, enlight, or sparkle. There are other good brands, however those are what I use in my builds.

#3 ·
I have noticed that my drives on my second ide channel sometimes get power or start the dirves way way after my computer is booting. This is weird, does this bring any other questions?

Mybe motherboard malfunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.