Power supply to external optical drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marzipan1001

I have looked around and around. I'm completely stumped.

I have a Lite-On external dvd combo burner. On the rear of the drive is the power connection, usb2.0 and l/r audio rca out jacks (red/white). Above where you connect the power cord is also a toggle on/off switch. During a move, this toggle snapped off. :eek: In the off position. :mad: I got to the card and the toggle switch is soldered to the card. No way to get in there (easily at least).

I haven't been able to find a replacement card and I'm reluctant to jam a paperclip (or whatever) in there wiggling it around and scratching up the card.

Any suggestions?

That's hard to say without seeing it. Any possibility of posting a picture?

Youy would need to figure out which poles of the switch were connected when in the "on" position, and then connect them together (of course).

If you have an ammeter, you could try using that to connect poles until the drive turned on. Then you would know that those were the ones.

It's probably an SPST switch with only 3 poles, one of which may not even be connected to anything. The 2 that are used are the ones you would need to connect.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online