1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crylynx, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Got a question in concerns to my power supply. At boot up my
    vcore 1.49v
    +3.3v 3.26v
    +12v 11.98v
    DDR 2.50v
    AGP 1.50v
    Chatemp 22C
    CPU 43C
    My power supply is 300watts and as the day progresses I get a fare size voltage drop with things changing to:
    vcore 1.47v
    +3.3v 3.22v
    +12v jumping back and forth from 11.67v to 11.98v
    DDR 2.49v
    AGP jumping back and forth from 1.47v to 1.49v
    Chatemp 40C
    CPU 43.5C
    My system has locked up twice now on me and only locks up later in the day. It's about a month old and my husband built it for me. Was wandering if these voltage settings were normal to drop or if I should tell him I need a bigger power supply.

Thanks for any input:

**CRYLYNX**:)

2. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Could somebody even give a little imput?:(

**CRYLYNX**

3. BTS '76

BTS '76

yeah, it's not gonna hurt to bump up to a 350 or 400 watt.

4. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Yes I don't think it would be bad put is it the problem?

5. Jtoast

Jtoast

I would say its a problem as a quality powersupply of adequate size should not fluctuate very much.

Notice I said its A problem...not necessarily THE problem.

Lockups could be caused by power, bad memory, temperature, software conflicts, etc.

Computer troubleshooting is generally a trial and error process. The power supply is a good start.

6. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

Actually those readings don't appear to be be a problem as they are all well within - + 5% tolerance which most power supplies are rated at. My guess be either excessive overall heat inside the case or, most likely, system resources bottoming out. You might want to consider checking the resources periodically during the day. (Right click My Computer on desktop. Click Properties. Click Performance. Note System Resources %.)

Good luck.

Kilowatt

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What you're seeing is a lot more likely to be the resolution of the measurement ADC on the voltage monitoring chip than actual power supply variations. I see small variations in the voltages on all the systems here, it's normal operation.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice