Power Supply

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Crylynx

Got a question in concerns to my power supply. At boot up my
vcore 1.49v
+3.3v 3.26v
+12v 11.98v
DDR 2.50v
AGP 1.50v
Chatemp 22C
CPU 43C
My power supply is 300watts and as the day progresses I get a fare size voltage drop with things changing to:
vcore 1.47v
+3.3v 3.22v
+12v jumping back and forth from 11.67v to 11.98v
DDR 2.49v
AGP jumping back and forth from 1.47v to 1.49v
Chatemp 40C
CPU 43.5C
My system has locked up twice now on me and only locks up later in the day. It's about a month old and my husband built it for me. Was wandering if these voltage settings were normal to drop or if I should tell him I need a bigger power supply.

Thanks for any input:

**CRYLYNX**:)

I would say its a problem as a quality powersupply of adequate size should not fluctuate very much.

Notice I said its A problem...not necessarily THE problem.

Lockups could be caused by power, bad memory, temperature, software conflicts, etc.

Computer troubleshooting is generally a trial and error process. The power supply is a good start.

Actually those readings don't appear to be be a problem as they are all well within - + 5% tolerance which most power supplies are rated at. My guess be either excessive overall heat inside the case or, most likely, system resources bottoming out. You might want to consider checking the resources periodically during the day. (Right click My Computer on desktop. Click Properties. Click Performance. Note System Resources %.)

Good luck.

Kilowatt

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
What you're seeing is a lot more likely to be the resolution of the measurement ADC on the voltage monitoring chip than actual power supply variations. I see small variations in the voltages on all the systems here, it's normal operation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts