1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power supply

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by perryjam, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. perryjam

perryjam Thread Starter

i'm running about 6-7 usb devices scanner, printer, web cam, palm connectio, cell connection, keyboards, mouse, attached to a
    4 connector hub. and my keybrd also has 2 other usb presently
    in use.

i'm running win x/p pro amd athlon xp 2gig 256mb ram pc133
    266 fsb. with a 250watt pwr sup... should it get one with more
    POWER!!! 300-350 PLEASE ADVISE.:confused:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

A higher wattage ps could not hurt if you want to replace your unit. If your computer is stable and running with no problems, I would leave it alone. If you do decide to get a more powerful ps, go with a good quality unit such as one made by Antec, Enlight, or Enermax. Stay away from no name units or units made by foxcon / deer even though they are cheaper. Cheap ps cause a lot of problems. With ps, quality is more important than wattage.

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

If you are running an athlon 2.0 then you need a bigger powersupply.

AT LEAST 350W.....and, like the previous poster said, make sure its quality.

The athlon chip is using 75-85W by itself.

depending on your video card, you are either borderline or lucky if you are having no problems.

4. Emtronics

Emtronics

Is your HUB powered? If not, get a powered HUB. 250 is the min I would use on your system. In fact 300 is the mininum I would use period.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice