Power Supply

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Monique

I am trying to find the wattage of my power supply without getting into the box. I have looked at my Bios & cannot seem to find it. Is there somewhere in Win XP that reports this? Thanks - Monique :rolleyes:

do you know who made and the serial number, that could tell you how powerful it is. im not seeing anything in Windows XP though. You can look through control panel->system->hardware->device manager. and see if there is a power supply listed. I dont have one, but you never know.

There is no parameter of a power supply that gets reported to BIOS or Windows.

You will need to open the box, or research the specifications of purchase

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The label on the side of the P/S should tell you, all you have to do is remove the side cover.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
brite750 said:
unless you have xray vision its really going to be tough.
X-Ray vision? Why not just read it off the label on the P/S?

johnwill said:
X-Ray vision? Why not just read it off the label on the P/S?
But to read the label, the computer case must either be opened, or X-ray vision employed.

Monique

I do not have x-ray vision, therefore had to open the box. I thought Microsoft had thought of everything. It really seems a person should be able to access this information in Windows!

Triple6

Rob
Well to do that the power supply would need to have a chip with that information built in and it would need to connect to the motherboard to relay this info at which point Windows or other software would be able to access the info.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online