1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rgray21, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgray21

rgray21 Thread Starter

is it true you need a 350 watt power supply to use a geforce6600 gt video card. so if you don't have that much you have to replace your power supply also?

2. rgray21

rgray21 Thread Starter

i'm getting the geforce6600gt video card. now i realize i don't have enough wattage in my power supply. is there much difference in the various power supply units? this is turning into a never ending quest. i started out just getting more ram. also whats the deal about plugging an extra cable into the video card?

3. norton850

norton850

The 6600gt may need a 350W supply. I also saw 300W quoted somewhere. At any rate it's always good to have a little more than you need. The quality of the power supply does make a difference. A good brand with a lower total output might give you more than a cheaper brand that supposed puts out more. This is by no means an all exclusive listed but some decent brands at reasonable prices include Antec, Powermax, Enermax and Enlight.

4. Rockn

Rockn

What is in your PC now as far as a power supply? Might also help to know the make and model to see if it will even work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice