1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power supply?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by safezone, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. safezone

safezone Thread Starter

I just built a new computer powered it up it ran all day with no problems.I was having trouble installing windows xp so was trying to figure stuff out on my other computer when all of a sudden my new computer just abruptly shutdown i tryed to turn power back on change plugs etc and still nothing at all.No power to the motherboard or anything.The case is an aspire and not sure on the make of the psu but its one of those see through ones 500w.I think it may be a generic one and couldn't handle the load.Any ideas??

Just want to know if it would be the psu and if there is anything that i could do?

Thanks in advance Chad

2. Cadet

Cadet

try your old pc's power suppler in you ner pc or your new psu in you old pc - either way will tell you if its the power suppley.

If it is your new psu thats the problem it should be under warranty.

3. brite750

brite750

unfortunately those really snazzy cases with the bells, lights and whistles, are there to take your mind off the fact that they put a really low quality psu in them. I'm guessing that your psu is dead, and as has been said many times here on this site "get a quality psu" if you must have one of those types of cases throw out the psu that comes with and buy a nice Antec psu. All psuz are not created equal, the better ones come with much hardier components in them, do a google to Toms hardware or similar and read up on power supplies., that way you'll feel better about shelling out the $60 or more.

4. safezone

safezone Thread Starter

Im thinking that my psu you is dead also.Absolutley no power going to the mobo at all, no fans spinning natta.Just ordered a 550w antec.Cost me a good amount but hey I want stability.

Thanks for the info

5. rhorne4

rhorne4

If You Have A Psu Problem,that Antec Should Solve Your Problem.great Psu's,all I Use.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330004

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice