1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by couldbeonthemoon, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. couldbeonthemoon

couldbeonthemoon Thread Starter

Hi.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop that's edging on three or four years old now. I just started having issues with the power supply. Something is wrong with it: my computer sometimes doesn't detect the power cable plugged into it and runs off of the batteries. I think that it might be loose somehow? If it's fixable, I'd like to know how, and if it isn't, it'd be great if someone could tell me where I ought to go to get it fixed.

Thanks!

2. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

Do you have a CompUSA near you? Laptops are very hard to work on unless you're trained to do it. Believe me it's not the taking apart that gets you... It's the putting back together. One bad move and you just made a ebay parts store.

3. couldbeonthemoon

couldbeonthemoon Thread Starter

CompUSA will do hardware repairs?

4. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

yes they have a service center.

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The issue with faulty power sockets on laptop motherboard has been well covered here.

Please, whatever you do stop using it now!
    Get it fixed, as the fault can quickly progress to a non repairable one that requires a replacement motherboard, which means that it would probably be uneconomic to repair.

The heat generated by a poor connection will cause severe damage, quite a few amps flows through it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice