Power Supply

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

couldbeonthemoon

Hi.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop that's edging on three or four years old now. I just started having issues with the power supply. Something is wrong with it: my computer sometimes doesn't detect the power cable plugged into it and runs off of the batteries. I think that it might be loose somehow? If it's fixable, I'd like to know how, and if it isn't, it'd be great if someone could tell me where I ought to go to get it fixed.

Thanks!

Do you have a CompUSA near you? Laptops are very hard to work on unless you're trained to do it. Believe me it's not the taking apart that gets you... It's the putting back together. One bad move and you just made a ebay parts store.

The issue with faulty power sockets on laptop motherboard has been well covered here.

Please, whatever you do stop using it now!
Get it fixed, as the fault can quickly progress to a non repairable one that requires a replacement motherboard, which means that it would probably be uneconomic to repair.

The heat generated by a poor connection will cause severe damage, quite a few amps flows through it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online