1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by natedogg319, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. natedogg319

natedogg319 Thread Starter

i just got a new power supply, i pulled it out of the box and before putting anything together i plugged it into the wall to see it power up, and see how the leds in it looked. i plugged it in and flipped the switch and nothing happened... is that normal? doesnt sound like it. heres the power supply:
    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817190007

thank you for any help!
    Nate

2. natedogg319

also what do the options for 115 or 230 mean on the back of power supplies?

3. batharoy

batharoy

DO NOT flip that switch from 115.
    And you wont be able to power it up unless its plugged into your motherboard.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

PSU's require a minimum load (in the order of an amp or so) on the 5v and 12v rails before it will turn on.

5. natedogg319

awesome! thank you very much i was worried i got a DOA psu... still is possible but much less likely yayyy! im going to try that now.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice