Power Supply

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Funkyecat

The past 2 days when I start my computer either nothing will happen or it briefly starts then stops. Does this sound like my power supply?

Once it is up and running, I have no problems.

The 1st 3 things that come to mind are;

#1-Power supply

#2-Defective motherboard capacitors

#3-Defective motherboard start circuitry

Funkyecat

1- If motherboard capacitors are bad, how can the computer run at all? She runs fine once started.
2- Why would the Bios battery cause the PSU to shutdown within 2-3 seconds.

Most likely it is the PSU.

Although my 1st choice was a defective power supply a motherboard most definitely will run for a time with failing capacitors. Erratic operation is one of the signs of failing capacitors.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online