1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Surge On Hub Port

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blood Dragon, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blood Dragon

Blood Dragon Thread Starter

Hi I have a western digital external hard drive that is 250GB. Recently it has been saying power surge on hub port and I was wondering if you could help me fix this problem. The hard drive already has its own power supply but I still keep getting the error message. I would also like to know if all my data on the drive would still be readable. Lastly, if I were to remove the hard disk from the external hard drive could I possibly read the information on another computer or any other way as long as I have the hard disk? Thank you very much for your help.

Email: [email protected]

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Yes you should be able to read it off another PC......it could be the power supply to the Hard drive that is faulty

Have you tried plugging it in to another source.

3. Blood Dragon

Blood Dragon Thread Starter

yea i tried another source but i get the same thing do you have any suggestions as to how i can read the data somewhere else? thanks again

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Is it just a USB connection....if so any other PC will do.

5. Drew7997

Drew7997

But if it's the PS to the external drive that is bad he will still get that error. the for sure way to see the files- remove the HD from the external casing, make sure the jumper is set to match the setupof your tower, and then plug it inside the tower, (thus making it INTERNAL) boot into windows and wait a few so that Win can do it's thing. happy viewing.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice