1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Switch

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lex777, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lex777

lex777 Thread Starter

I have P3 600Mhz about 2years old.
    My computer's power don't work! I thought it might be the switch or the power supply and so I have changed to new case and new power supply. But, it has same problem! It won't turn on. Of course, I checked the plugs, wires, switches, etc. I had to press the power button MILLION times before letting the computer to start and boot. Even after changing it to new case and new power supply, I will still have to press power button MILLION times to turn the computer on. Maybe my old motherboard causing this power failure? What can be other possibilities causing this stupid problem?? Please Help!!!

2. OverHeated

OverHeated Guest

Lex,

If after pressing the power repeatedly it DOES in fact come on it sounds like your having a problem with the connection of the power switch to the mb or to the supply. Check to make sure that the connection is good and if it is you may try replacing the wire. Should be fairly cheap.. Not sure if this will help but worth a try.

3. OverHeated

OverHeated Guest

I am sorry I misread.. I really have no suggestions other than maybe the mobo's socket being bad...

4. OverHeated

OverHeated Guest

be sure and not rule out the possibility that the receipt could have a short in it.. make sure your power out of the wall is ok.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you've replaced the case and the P/S, the only remaining item in the mix appears to be the MB. As you are probably aware, the power switch is connected to the MB, which is responsible for actually powering the system on. It sounds like something has gone south there...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice