Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Switch

828 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I have P3 600Mhz about 2years old.
My computer's power don't work! I thought it might be the switch or the power supply and so I have changed to new case and new power supply. But, it has same problem! It won't turn on. Of course, I checked the plugs, wires, switches, etc. I had to press the power button MILLION times before letting the computer to start and boot. Even after changing it to new case and new power supply, I will still have to press power button MILLION times to turn the computer on. Maybe my old motherboard causing this power failure? What can be other possibilities causing this stupid problem?? Please Help!!!

#2 ·
Lex,

If after pressing the power repeatedly it DOES in fact come on it sounds like your having a problem with the connection of the power switch to the mb or to the supply. Check to make sure that the connection is good and if it is you may try replacing the wire. Should be fairly cheap.. Not sure if this will help but worth a try.

#5 ·
If you've replaced the case and the P/S, the only remaining item in the mix appears to be the MB. As you are probably aware, the power switch is connected to the MB, which is responsible for actually powering the system on. It sounds like something has gone south there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.