Power Up Schedule Stopped

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IanRM2005

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20201127003325.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 455 GB (177 GB Free); E: 298 GB (130 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 1998, s/n CZC40827SM
System: Hewlett-Packard, ver HPQOEM - 20131217, s/n CZC40827SM
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security

Hi

Some time last year I followed a tutorial in a computer magazine to use the BIOS/UEFI to set my PC to come on at 6.30am every morning, so when I walked into my office it was already powered up. This was working almost perfectly until this week (previously, on just the odd occasion it didn't power up at 6.30 and I had to switch it on when I came in to the room, though the next day it would be fine again), when it's stopped working altogether.

1. Could this have been caused by an update? If not any other ideas as to why it may no longer be happening, please?
2. Can someone please remind me how to set this up again (including how to access the BIOS!) as I've since lost the instructions so can't re-schedule it to power up when I want!

Thanks very much for your help.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I doubt this will have been an OS update, since that won't interfere with the BIOS. Nevertheless, if you look at this page, it should walk you through the process of checking your settings to have the PC waken at a set time.

IanRM2005

I doubt this will have been an OS update, since that won't interfere with the BIOS. Nevertheless, if you look at this page, it should walk you through the process of checking your settings to have the PC waken at a set time.
Thanks so much for your help - I'll try it out and mark this solved if it works! Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online