1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Powerbook G3 wont startup

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by bbalu, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bbalu

bbalu Thread Starter

Hi

I dropped my powerbook when it was off and it wont start up again. I opened the comp and tried to tighten all connections.. still no luck.. Any help!?

Tx

2. emoxley

emoxley

Did the battery, inside on the motherboard, get jarred out of place?

3. bbalu

bbalu Thread Starter

I dont know where the battery is in the mother board.. :( is it easy to find.. thanks!!

4. bbalu

bbalu Thread Starter

I think I found the motherboard battery.. seems to be in place!

Tx

5. emoxley

emoxley

Sorry, don't know what else to tell you. With a drop like that, a circuit may have broke, from a small crack in motherboard. May have jarred a solder joint loose. You may have to take it to a shop for service.
    When you zapped the pram, how many times did you let it chime? Should let it chime 4 or 5 times, before letting go of the keys. If it didn't chime that many times, try it. May not help, but won't hurt. If you do get it to boot somehow, you should immediately run Disc First Aid, and tell it to fix any problems it finds. Even better........... if you have Norton Disk Doctor on it, run that ALSO.
    Good luck!

6. bbalu

bbalu Thread Starter

I tried zapping the PRAM but there is no startup sound. The only way I can tell there is power is by checking the caps lock and num lock light. There is no sound when I press the power button.

Tx for you help. I appreciate it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!