1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Powering on Laptop...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scottiecb19, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottiecb19

scottiecb19 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I have a Toshiba A500-1GL laptop.

I would like my laptop to automatically power on from hibernation (not standby) by just opening the lid. My laptop will do this if plugged into mains power and the battery being 100% charged, but if it is not plugged in, or the battery is not 100%, then the laptop won't power on unless the power button is pressed.

I know it is perhaps a little niggle, but I'd be very grateful if anyone has an idea how to get this function to work all the time!

Thank you in advance!!! :)

2. PK-her0

PK-her0

hey scottie,

i dont have a clue how to do that,but if you come right, please let me know...that would be awesome...somebody here will know, these guys are brilliant...hang in there

3. scottiecb19

scottiecb19 Thread Starter

The laptop obviously has the ability to turn on when opening the lid, but only when plugged in and 100% charged. I just don't know why it's not an option to be able to get the laptop to turn on all the time when you open the lid. You get similar options for the power button and when closing the lid! (n)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice