1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

powering up system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tpalmer61, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tpalmer61

tpalmer61 Thread Starter

it takes me 2 or 3 trys to power up my system.??its a amd athlon xp. windows xp operating system.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The first thing I would try is another power supply. You can test this by using another power supply from another computer if you have one.

3. tpalmer61

tpalmer61 Thread Starter

no luck. still same problem.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try reseating the memory and video card. And if the video card requires an auxilary power connector from the power supply make sure its plugged.

Also, it might help if you provided som background. When did this start and what are all the components in your PC, and so forth.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice