Powerpoint 2000: Cannot Open Type of File Represented...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alexenjen

just trying to open a powerpoint attachement from an email..not opening....I get the following message after:

Powerpoint cant open the type of file represented by g:\filename.ppt

just doesnt make sense...

I remember reading another thread like this. If I remember the user had to rename the file after saving to get it to open. Maybe something to try.

Anne Troy

Anne
Hi alexenjen.

More than likely, your version of PowerPoint is older than the version used to create the file. Someone with a newer version should be able to open it, hit File-Save as and save it down to your version, whatever that might be.

alexenjen

I'm using office 2k, I've tried renaming, quick view, print without opening

Anne Troy

Anne
PowerPoint files go corrupt quicker than any kind I know. If you got it from someone you "know", ask them if they can open it from their sent email. If they cannot, ask them to resend it (making sure they can open it first).

If it's the Boeing one, just email me for it, LOL.

If you like, you can email it to me and I'll try it here at home on 2000 and at work tomorrow or next day on XP.

I'm pretty sure I'm in your address book, LOL.

Anne Troy

Anne
Also try this:

Open a blank presentation. Hit Insert-Slides from File and choose the bad presentation. Sometimes, you can pull them into the new presentation without the corruption, that is, if it IS corrupt in the first place...

alexenjen

I email the file(s) already..let me know if you're successful in opening the files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online