1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PowerPoint 2000 Refreshing linked objects during slide show

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dwjo, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwjo

dwjo Thread Starter

PowerPoint lets you embed OLE objects like and excel spreadsheet in your PowerPoint Presentation where the DATA resides in the external spreadsheet.

On such a link you can right click to refresh, and also set it to "automatically" update - which really means that when you load the presentation next time, it will prompt you asking if you'd like to refresh it.

But when you run the presentation as a slide show with the file extention .pps, it does not prompt you or update the embedded links with changes in the external files.

You can invoke a method from a VB routine or script that will do this if the script is executed:

ActivePresentation.UpdateLinks

but I can't get the script to run except by attaching it to a control that you must execute manually (with the mouse during presentation). When the slide show loads unattended and there is no one there to press a control on one of the slides.

So I think my obstacles are one of the following:

How can I get the external links in the presentation to refresh automatically (during the show or upon loading)?, OR

How can I invoke a VB sub or script to execute in an unattended presentation?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/162097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice