1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Powerpoint 2003 - Inserting Pix into Text Box

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by franklyorange, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. franklyorange

franklyorange Thread Starter

I want to insert a picture into a text box (or text placeholder) on my slide, so that the text wraps around the picture. It works in Word fine, but need steps to do it in Powerpoint.

2. eric996

eric996

I don't believe that this is possible in Powerpoint. They do not have the same word wrapping properties as Microsoft Word. For a workaround, you can do this:

Create the image with the word wrap in Microsoft Word. Highlight or Ctrl+A to highlight all and right-click copy or Ctrl+C to copy contents.

Go to your powerpoint slide, go to Edit and Paste Special (You may have to hit the down arrows to show it in your edit menu) A dialog box will come up. Make sure to paste as Microsoft Office Word Document Object.

This should allow you to put word wrapping around object in powerpoint.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I dont thing Powerpoint offers the same word wrap formatting as Word , I may be wrong

One way to do it would be
    create in word so you get the effect you are after
    then select all in word
    Copy
    Paste special - into powerpoint slide by choosing the paste as a picture

4. eric996

eric996

Yup, thats pretty much the jist of it and the only way you can go about word wrapping an image in Powerpoint.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice