1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Powerpoint 2003: Slide does not display embedded image

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by HyperEscape, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HyperEscape

HyperEscape Thread Starter

Hello ,

I have Windows 7 Ultimate with all updates to date installed. Microsoft Security Essentials in the Antivirus.

The machine is HP DV-5 / Nvidia GForce 9200M GS / 4Gb RAM.

My PowerPoint version is as follows:

[​IMG]

I have received a presentation from my colleague with an image inserted on a slide. (it is inserted/saved , not linked to). This maybe created originally in PowerPoint 2007 but saved in PowerPoint 2003 format from the default menu option (.ppt). Below is the original slide image which should be shown the same way on my laptop.

[​IMG]

However due to unknown reasons it is displayed like this with a blue box instead of image.

[​IMG]

I can be considered as a power user, and have checked various options however cant seem to find out what is the reason. I dont think disabling hardware graphics accelerations can be a reason, cause it doesn't seem to work for most of the people, however it is touted as the first support option.

Any further ideas and suggestion to tackle the problem are appreciated and welcome.

Thanks.

2. Exilas

Exilas

Hi,
    we just encountered the very same issue: a ppt in 2003 format converted from a native 2007 ppt shows the images as greyish boxes. No matter what we tried in PP2003 did solve the issue.

We resorted to copy each image in PP2007 and paste it back using "paste as jpg"; the resulting file saved in 2003 format shows the images correctly in PP2003.

This could hints that the image format is the culprit; possibly the original images where png with an alpha level.

Since we never encountered it before (and also on the net we found just this very thread about it), we also suppose that this issue could be rather recent, possibly introduced as an unwanted side effect of a Microsoft Update.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
    Marco

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/925735

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice