1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Powerpoint 2003 - Slide Master

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by franklyorange, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. franklyorange

franklyorange Thread Starter

I'm trying to understand Slide Master, Title Master, and then Design Template a little bit better. What is not clear, is where is the Slide Master that I have created? Where is it saved, and under what name. Can you have more than one? I understand how to view it, but not the above. How does it differ from the Design Template? Also, most importantly, how does changing one, affect the other?

Thanks

2. franklyorange

How do you apply the Slide Master to certain slides, instead of all?

3. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    I am about to go teach a class. I will break it down for you after the class if someone else has not already done it for you.

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Select the slides hover over the design template within the taskpane and click on the drop-down arrow beside it. Click on the "Apply to selected slides" option.

5. caraewilton

caraewilton

Hi frankly orange. Okay I am going try answer your question as best as possible.

The slide master is the underlying template of any power point project. It dictates the size default fonts for different elements of each slide, colour of fonts and backgrounds and displays specified text and graphics on each new slide you make in the project.

The title master is a special slide master which only applies to title slides and allows one to have a different "look" for title slides. In essence though, it is still part of the slide master.

Slide templates are simply predefined slide masters which have been included in the powerpoint package to help people get started. You can of course create your own templates through "styling" the slide master and saving it as a design template.

The slide master is saved as part of the power point project and to the best of my knowledge, not separate file exists for this.

Design templates are simply blank projects where the slide maser has already been styled. These are saved in the Microsoft, template folder.

Thus changing the slide master will change the slide template. This change will only apply to the current project you are working on, unless you specifically select to save as a design template and save over the original file.

In order to make use of a title master, it requires that you use the slide layout options and select a title layout. Otherwise by defualt, each time you add a new slide, the slide master design will be applied.

I hope this has been helpful:)

I created a simple powerpoint slideshow tutorial. It is intended for beginners, but if you read through the pages about creating master slides and editing master slides it may explain better how this feature actually works.

6. franklyorange

I was so with you until you mentioned term "Style Masters" Are these the same as "Slide Masters" And thanks for the tutorial. I will look it over.

7. caraewilton

caraewilton

sorry, style master is my mistake. I was talking about the slide master.

8. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Sorry about not getting back to you. I have been swamped at work. If there is anything you do not understand about what they have stated feel free to let me know and I will try to give you an analogy that might work for you.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/743913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice